Thursday, April 16, 2015

April snow showers

I know the old saying is "April showers bring May flowers" but here in Colorado we sometimes get snow showers instead.  That is what is happening today.  Lately we have been have weather in the 60's and 70's and boy does that make me want to get out and buy some flowers.  But of course I know better and today is one of the examples.  Right now the flakes are pretty big that are falling but it is not sticking to the sidewalks or streets.


I was hoping to get the foothills in this next picture but it is too cloudy today.  They are really beautiful with a light dusting of snow.  So all you will see here is the neighborhood behind our home.


I took some pictures in the front yard since my flowers are more in bloom there. For some reason the backyard is behind.  Everything looks pretty with a little snow on it. You can barely see my little purple flowers by the lamp post.




The rule of thumb here is to wait until Mother's Day to do some planting.  The first Spring in this home it was so nice in May that I decided to plant all new flowers and bushes in front of the house in the middle of the month.  Well of course it snowed a week later and killed most of my new plantings.  I now wait until the first of June to plant anything.

4 comments :

  1. Good Morning to you! Up here in Windsor, near Fort Collins it is lightly snowing, but yesterday was quite a storm. In fact our yards and streets were covered in 30 minutes. I would like the snow to stay away, we can all use a little rain though. I forget if you are in the Springs or west? Hope you stay warm today.
    Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live in Littleton near the foothills. Yesterday is was just cloudy and cold but it is still snowing here right now with the ground covered but the streets are just wet. I would rather have rain myself.

      Delete
  2. Oh boy! Hopefully that will be all of Jody and there isn't more of the white stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was still snowing this morning and then changed to rain. All of the snow is slushy. At least the roads aren't slick just wet.

      Delete