Thursday, April 23, 2015

Butterflies and birds

So I bought some new plates the other day at Home Goods and I was going to do a tablescape today.  Well it turns out that I cannot find my blue and yellow floral material that I have or even some coordinating napkins for these plates.  For some reason I just don't have blue napkins.  Looks like I will have to get some.

I went to Goodwill yesterday and came across this lovely tray.  It was $13.99 and on sale for half off.   I has some cracking going on but I like that look.  I was going to use this for the tablescape too.  So I guess for now I will just show what I was going to use.









Now for some added cuteness.  I just had to show this picture of my little Kolby.  He gives me this look all the time and I think that he is so adorable.


Linking with

Between NapPieced Pastimess on the Porch, Rooted in Thyme, French Country Cottage, My Romantic Home, Shabby Art Boutique, I'm Not a Trophy Wife, Nancherrow, The Shabby Nest,  Chic on a Shoestring, DIY Vintage Chic, Just Us Four, Serenity Now, Scrapalaity, 3 Little Greenwoods, Pieced Pastimes, Life With Lorelai, Life on Lakeshore Drive, Pink When, Thoughts From Alice, Tabler Party of Two, Finding Silver Pennies, DIY Show Off, Dwellings The Heart of Your Home
I Should be Mopping the Floor, Karens Up on the Hill, My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
The Dedicated House

24 comments :

  1. Your grouping of table items looks beautiful just as it is! That's a terrific tray and your new dishes are lovely. Have we seen that unique pedestal birdcage before? Love it! Guess you have an excuse to go shopping if you NEED some blue napkins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lori. I feel like I am having Pier 1 withdrawl. I haven't been there is a while and I always find the perfect napkins there. I just bought the pedestal birdcage about a week ago at Hobby Lobby. They had birdcages half off so I couldn't resist.

      Delete
  2. Two of my favorite things, Butterflies & Birds! What you have put together is STUNNING! My favorite has to be the dog as we love dogs so much here at our house..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Valerie. I am still going to look for my fabric and see about getting some napkins so I can complete my tablescape. Have a great day!

      Delete
  3. Look at his adorable expression - and those ears. Love the yellow and blue accents with the plates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He gives me funniest looks all the time. I got lucky that he held that expression long enough for me to get a picture. He goes just about everywhere with me and of course has to sleep by me.

      Delete
  4. I love all the pictures, but my favorite is your darling dog, Kolby! I had three dogs all about the same age and they left me around the same time. I would take Kolby in a minute! But I have three black cats and I talk about them on my blog--
    myimaginarycottage.com. I love your tablescape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We got him shortly after we had to put down our other dog. Kolby kinda looks like him. Our other dog was named Toby and he had more brown on him but had a small white spot on his back and Kolby is the opposite with a brown spot. It's funny how he has most of the traits of our other dog. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. So pretty, Jody - super cute new plates. The blue is fantastic! Your buddy is a sweetheart. Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, gorgeous Spring vignette! And your helper is super cute! :) Have a great weekend! xxx Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maria Elena and I hope that you have a wonderful weekend too!

      Delete
  7. Oh I love that tray! It almost looks like Lenox Butler's pantry. Your baby is adorable. I love his expression, they are so funny. Now if they could only speak we'd be in trouble. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't remember what it said on the bottom but I do remember it was one word and then it said made in Italy. Sometimes when he gives me that look he makes funny noises like he is trying to tell me something. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  8. Those birds are ADORABLE! They look like my bird salt & pepper shakers. My kitchen and living room is decorated in birds and butterflies. Same color scheme even!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. They do look like they could be salt and pepper shakers. I love yellow and blue but the hubby isn't too much of a fan so I use it mainly in Spring.

      Delete
  9. Lovely dishes! Birds and butterflies, perfect for Spring.
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! Visiting from Something to Talk About. What a gorgeous tray and beautiful tables arrangement. I love the birds!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How pretty! It is perfect for spring! Thanks for sharing at the #HomeMattersParty - we hope to see you again next week. :)

    ~Lorelai
    Life With Lorelai

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the white tray, the lovely plate and gorgeous vignette...but, the cutest is Kolby!

    Have a nice week.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete