Sunday, April 19, 2015

Bye bye closet

After almost 3 years living with our master closet we are finally going to get a closet system.  When my hubby asked what I wanted to do with our tax refund I said "get the master closet done!"  We decided to order the Closetmaid Impressions in the chocolate color.  Here is a photo I got off of the Home Depot website.  I also included a close up of what the drawers look like.


We will be getting the 25 inch cabinet, the 25 inch hutch cabinet and 4 of the corner units.  We also will get 6 drawers to use in the cabinets. 

So today I worked out getting everything out of the closet.  My hubby wanted me to take a picture with everything in there and show everyone but I just couldn't do it.  I am way too embarrassed to show how my closet looked before I emptied it.  I will show you what it looks like empty.  This is what you see when you open the door off of the bathroom.


Here is to the right of the door.


 And now to the left of the door.  Do you notice anything?


How about a closer look.


The rod is crooked and if you look even closer you will see this.


And no I did not do that.  This was what the previous owner did.  In fact all the the closets in our house had this do it yourself fix.  Most of the rods were too short.   I changed out the basement bedroom closets already with new rods and holders.  It was a very inexpensive fix and looks much better.  The only thing that we did to this closet when we first moved it was changing the light fixture.  It had an ugly fluorescent fixture.


It is nothing fancy but it looks better than the other.  I couldn't talk the hubby into something nicer.  He said no one was going to see it anyway so why spend the money.  I wouldn't mind having a little chandelier in here myself.  Maybe once the closet is done I will sneak one in.

Now off to gutting the closet, patching, texturing and painting.

4 comments :

  1. Oh wow, this is going to be fabulous. I can't wait to see it all done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Demo got done today. Now I need to get all the patching done.

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to see this Jody!
    Have a great week.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait either. I am so excited to get this done. Demo is done and I am planning on patching this evening.

      Delete