Sunday, April 26, 2015

Dining room buffet and closet update

Today I started working on the dining room getting it back to basics.  I removed all the Spring decor and went back to tuscan.  I got everything done except the corner area with my new barrel so for now I will show the buffet.



Now for the full view.  I have to take this picture on an angle otherwise I will be in the mirror.


Here is a close up of the bottom shelf.


And now for close ups of each side.



Now for an update on the master closet.  Everything was to be delivered on Friday but of course nothing was delivered.  Why can't I ever have that easy button.  At least I did have the closet painted.  Here is the new color. The baseboards are off right now as we will need to adjust them for the new closet system.  It is the same color as the bathroom.


Here is a shot of the ceiling area.  At first I was going to paint the ceiling the same color but I decided to keep it white.  I hope that they come soon as I am tired of living out of piles of clothes.


Linking with

Dwellings The Heart of Your Home, I Should be Mopping the Floor, Huckleberry Love, Karens Up on the Hill, Between Naps on the Porch, Coastal Charm, Cozy Little House, My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia, A Stroll Thru Life, StoneGable, Our Home Away From Home, Elizabeth and Co, Home Remedies, Savvy Southern Style, The Style Sisters, DIY by Design, Beyond the Picket Fence, The Bajan Texan, Just a Girl and Her Blog, The Happy Housie, The Dedicated House, From My Front Porch To Yours, Common Ground, A Delightsome Life, Have a Daily Cup of Mrs Olson, Katherines Corner, Posed Perfection, All Things With Purpose, Embracing Change, Anderson & Grant, Rooted In Thyme, Imparting Grace, The Charm of Home, Shabby Art Boutique, French Country Cottage
I'm Not a Trophy Wife, Serenity Now, Life With Lorelai, My Romantic Home, The Shabby Nest
DIY Vintage Chic, Just Us Four, Pieced Pastimes, Scrapality, Life on Lakeshore Drive, Pink When
Thoughts From Alice, Finding Silver Pennies, DIY Show Off, It's Overflowing, Rustic and Refined
Tabler Party of Two

9 comments :

  1. The tuscan so fits you and your style and wow, love the color for the closet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marty. I really don't like white closets. Since the closet system is chocolate brown I thought I would use the same color as the bathroom. It works so well with the dark brown.

      Delete
  2. I love your Tuscan style maybe it's because that's what I have in my home as well. The colors are so rich and warm. I wish my closets were bigger at home but, we have an expanded cape and the closets aren't very big at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am drawn to warm colors mainly. I still like a little French Country here and there but my bedroom has to be Tuscan. I like a dark bedroom for sleeping. I think this is the biggest master closet we have ever had not including when one home we owned had his and her closets. If I could I would make this my closet.

      Delete
  3. So beautiful ! Love the colors and style! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great styling, your buffet looks beautiful!
    Thanks for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful Jody! Everything is styled so perfectly!
    I feel like I am always trying to angle around mirrors too :)
    Thanks so much for always sharing with me for Something to Talk About!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Tuscan style is so lovely. I love the scale! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete