Friday, April 17, 2015

I need some help

I am wanting to repaint the powder room.  Right now it is blue but my hubby has never liked this color and I myself am ready for a change.  So I need some help from everyone.  What color should I paint the walls? The vanity top has some specks of blue so that's why I chose blue for the walls.



 I don't want to do white since the vanity is off white and I would like it to stand out.  All the fixtures are bronze and the cabinet over the toilet is dark brown.  Please excuse the Fall pictures as I am at the office right now so I have to use older pictures.


I could really use some help since I don't necessarily want to paint it beige or a dark color.

5 comments :

  1. Jody,your BR looks great in blue and love your accessories (as always!) but here's my two cents...even though you don't want beige, I think neutral is the way to go. We did our BR awhile back and picked a gray-beige which I love. (it was by Martha Stewart and has been discontinued). With a neutral backdrop, I am able to decorate seasonally in the BR (as I see you like to do too!) with different colour towels and accessories. Plus, you had mentioned awhile back your hubby was thinking of a move and buyers like neutral!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I was leaning towards sime kind of gray maybe with a green tone to it but not where it looks green. The tile is more of a beige gray. I will go and get some paint chips at Home Depot this weekend and check out all the grays. The vanity does have a gray tone to it. I just wish the vanity didn't have some blue specks in it. There aren't a lot but you sure notice them. Thanks for the help.

      Delete
  2. I have been "snooping" around your house and you seem to be drawn to warm colors. I saw two of your other bathrooms and your blog colors are in the gold/brown family. What if you went with something out of that family since you are drawn to it? Maybe drawing on the color on your backsplash tiles in your kitchen?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janet. I am wanting to do something different for this bathroom. I had thought about yellow/golden color as I have that in the basement, dining room and laundry room. I am going to Home Depot this weekend so I will look at those colors too. I have always wanted to do a powder room with stone and dark colors but since this is not our forever home I had better play it safe. Thanks again.

      Delete
  3. a coppery or earth tone--doesn't have to be dark, would look nice with everything else in the room
    Denise

    ReplyDelete