Thursday, April 2, 2015

My candle closet

Today I am sharing my candle closet.  Yes, you heard right, my candle closet.  When we first looked at this house I wasn't sure why there was this little room right before you entered the master bedroom.  It has bookcases on one wall and a fireplace.  I guess you could use it for an office but it is a little small.  It also has a small closet that is just shelves.  When I first saw this closet I thought this is perfect for all my candles.  To the right of this door is the door to the master bedroom.


So here is what my closet looks like.


The top shelf is used for candle holders and shades.  You can but tall items on this shelf as it goes up a few more feet to the ceiling.


The other shelves I use for my candles.  I have two shelves that are full of Yankee Candles (one of my favorite candles to buy).  It looks like I have room for some more.


I use the bottom of the closet to store my throws, blankets and extra pillows.


I am guessing that there are not a lot of people who have a closet that is solely used for candles but it is an extra space that I didn't know what I would put in there.  It looks more like a linen closet to me but we have one in the master closet already.  I am almost done decorating in this room so I will be posting those pictures later on.

Linking with
Savvy Southern Style, DIY by Design, The Style Sisters, Ivy and Elephants, The Bajan Texan, The Blissful Bee, Oh My Heartsie Girl, Have a Daily Cup of Mrs Olson, From My Front Porch To Yours
A Delightsome Life, Common Ground, Posed Perfection, All Things With Purpose, Katherines Corner, Embracing Change, Imparting Grace, Anderson & Grant, Rooted in Thyme, The Charm of Home, French Country Cottage, Shabby Art Boutique, Nancherrow, My Romantic Home, I'm Not a Trophy Wife, Serenity Now, Life with Lorelai, Just Us Four, DIY Vintage Chic, The Shabby Nest
Craftberry Bush, 3 Little Greenwoods, Scrapality, Chic on a Shoestring, Pink When, Pieced Pastimes, Thoughts From Alice, Life on Lakeshore Drive, Tabler Party of Two, Finding Silver Pennies, DIY Show Off, It's Overflowing, I Should be Mopping the Floor, Dwellings The Heart of Your Home
Huckleberry Love, Between Naps on the Porch, Karens Up on the Hill, Coastal Charm, My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia, My Cozy Little House, Our Home Away From Home, StoneGable
A Stroll Thru Life, Elizabeth and Co, Home Remedies

36 comments :

  1. Fantastic! How wonderful that you have a space just for candles - they are such an important part of a home! :) And what a nice collection of them you have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lori. I wasn't sure what this closet was for since the master bathroom has it's own linen closet. I think I might need to fill up the shelves. They look a little bare.

      Delete
  2. Oh, my goodness! I love your candle closet! I could go shopping in there! ;) Happy Easter.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shelia. I see that I have some room for more candles. I hate to waste space. Happy Easter!

      Delete
  3. I am going to show this post to my husband--he thinks I am the only woman who has a candle closet!! I love to see them all lined up by scent and season--and I just need to open the door and pick what I need at the moment...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad that there is someone else that has one too. I didn't want to be alone. At our other house I used the guest bedroom closet as my catch all for decor and candles. This house has more storage so I thought that little closet was perfect for candles. I wish it was a little bigger to hold all my candle holders.

      Delete
  4. Wow this is fantastic. It's like having a Home Goods in your own home. And, I'm sure it smells heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The smell is amazing when you first open the closet. Now that I straightened it out it looks like a can add a few more.

      Delete
  5. This is the very first time I've heard of anyone having a candle closet. Just the thought of it makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just didn't know what to use the closet for so I thought it would be great for all my candles. I have even added a few new ones since this post. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Oh my gosh I have to show this stop my hubby! At out last house I had a candle closet and he thought I was crazy. Nice to know I am not the only one. Thank you for sharing at THT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pamela, I am glad to hear that someone else had one too. My hubby thought I was crazy too when I told him what I was going to use it for. I said to him " what else would I put in here?"

      Delete
  7. wooow...sucha neat closet you have! Mine is a lot messier with so many things. I love the candles but I don't have that much..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I have always had a weakness for candles. They make so many different fragrances.

      Delete
  8. I love it Jody! I thought I had lots of candles but you've got me beat ;) Our Target closed so I got some Yankee ones at 50% off. Do you like Bath & Body Works candles? Would love to invite you to link up any of your posts at our party on my blog please. Enjoy the rest of your week!
    Kendra @ www.joyinourhome.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kendra. I have a few more candles that are being used around the house too. I have never bought any of the Bath & Body Works candles. Maybe I need to pay them a visit. Thanks for the party and have a great weekend!

      Delete
  9. Now I have heard of collections of all kinds...this is a first! I love to go in a store that sells candles and smell them all.....so if I was to visit, you know where you could find me!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know this is the only collection that my husband doesn't complain about. He sees it that if we have a power failure for a long period we have candles to use.

      Delete
  10. This made me smile! I have a few candles that I store in a cupboard in my laundry room. I use to love Yankee candles. But the older I've gotten when I burn scented candles they make my eyes burn. Weird huh? I can't use scented lotions either. I mainly use Scenty burners but can only plug them in for about 15 min. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Candles don't bother me right now but my husband doesn't like the smell of them when they are burning anymore. I can only use my candles mainly in the sitting the room. Sometimes I turn on my tart warmer in the kitchen if he is gone for a few hours just to make the room smell good a little while.

      Delete
  11. This is amazing, I would love a candle closet, it's a dream!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to have a space just for candles because then I could by more candles! Fun idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that it is almost full I wish that it was bigger!

      Delete
  13. Wow, what a candle collection you have! You are doubly blessed - the candles and the perfect space to store them! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim. Candles are the only thing my hubby doesn't complain about. I am used to hearing "don't you have enough of those?"

      Delete
  14. Great idea! I WISH I had an extra closet for candles. But I do have them all on shelving in the storage area of the basement. Came over from Marty's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Sometimes it's nice to have a extra closet. Have a great day!

      Delete
  15. Oh my gosh! That is one of the best things I have ever seen! I totally want one now!
    Thanks for sharing!!!!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always wanted one area to store my candles. I just wish it was a little bigger to hold all of my candle holders too.

      Delete
  16. Yes, you do have quite the collection of candles! I thought I did, but mine is a mere drop in the bucket. I think it's wonderful that you have such an easily accessible place to store and see what you have. Living in AZ, I have to keep mine inside, but a couple of shelves in our laundry room is all I get.....hmph!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have two storage rooms in the basement plus two rooms with bookcases and all the closests in the do bedrooms so I didn't know what else to use this for. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  17. OMG!!! look at all thouse yankie candles, i am in heaven... If i had all of those it would take me all day to decide which to light first LOL.... Love it xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I always say you can never have too many candles.

      Delete