Sunday, April 12, 2015

Sitting room bookcases

Today I have been trying to get more organized.  I have been moving some Easter decor down to the basement and getting some rooms back in order.  One room that I have been working on is my sitting room.  Lately I have been using it as a catch all room.  Well, that has all changed.  There are still a few more sections to decorate, like the desk and fireplace.  At least I have all the junk out and  the bookcases done.  Now I hope that I can start using this room for reading.


I like to use most of these items throughout the house so this is pretty much another storage area for me.


Now I can concentrate on the desk and fireplace.  Since I took down all the Christmas in this room I had been placing things on the mantel in no particular order.  I took a picture because I thought that it didn't look to bad.  A  few of these items go on the mantle on the other side.

I think that I will leave the candlesticks on the floor but of course I need to have more candles.  I will have to see what is in the closet across the room.


Linking with
Savvy Southern Style, Beyond the Picket Fence, DIY by Design, The DIY Dreamer, The Style Sisters, The Bajan Texan, The Happy Housie, A Delightsome Life, Have a Daily Cup of Mrs Olson, Common Ground, From My Front Porch To Yours, Posed Perfection, Ivy and Elephants, All Things With Purpose, Katherines Corner, Embracing Change, Anderson & Grant, Rooted In Thyme, Imparting Grace, The Charm of Home, French Country Cottage, Shabby Art Boutique, I'm Not a Trophy Wife, Nancherrow, My Romantic Home, Life With Lorelai, Serenity Now, The Shabby Nest, DIY Vintage Chic, Just Us Four, Craftberry Bush, Scrapality, Pieced Pastimes, 3 Little Greenwoods
Pink When, Life on Lakeshore Drive, Thoughts From Alice, Tabler Party of Two, DIY Show Off
Finding Silver Pennies, I Should be Mopping the Floor, Dwellings The Heart of Your Home, Huckleberry Love, Karen's Up on the Hill, Between Naps on the Porch, Coastal Charm, My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia, Cozy Little House, Our Home Away From Home, A Stroll Thru Life
StoneGable, Elizabeth and Co, Home Remedies

15 comments :

  1. You would never Jody that it's a catch all room because it looks so beautiful. Looks like a lovely place to relax!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks a lot better now that I cleaned it out. I had to step over things just to go sit in the chair.

      Delete
  2. Jody, what a stunning collection of objets d'art. Just my style. Love it all. Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am always switching things throughout the house so I try to keep most of my dark items in this room.

      Delete
  3. Is it possible to order items from your shop online?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry but I do not sell anything online. Are you contacting the correct person?

      Delete
  4. You have been very busy. Great to have such a nice place to store things and look pretty at the same time! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just lovely. I love the mantel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. That is just stuff from the living room mantel and other pieces I just threw up there when I cleaned up the room. I was surprised how it turned out.

      Delete
  6. Jodi, you've decorated your shelves beautifully! You have so many lovely accessories and the way you've grouped them by what they are, the colours, size and height ties everything together so well. I especially like the large moose in the center. I would love to "shop" your shelves - though I do think I see one piece that I have which is the Partylite Global Fusion Hurricane! On to the mantel...it looks just as wonderful! Great colour combo and terrific pieces!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lori. My husband bought me the moose for Christmas one year. I love moose. I actually have three other Partylite holders. To the right of the global fusion is the ruby red hurricane, below it is the sienna lights bowl and to the left is an amber colored bowl. I bought these a while back when I worked at a bank. I love their stuff but it is a bit expensive.

      Delete
  7. Pretty displays! Thank you for joining HSH!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How beautiful! You did an amazing job styling them!
    Thanks so much for sharing!
    Pinning!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete