Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Spring front porch decor

I finally got the rest of the front porch done.  All that needed to be done was the front door area. 
I wonder if the house finch couple to make a nest in my basket again this year.



I like to decorate next to the door also.  Just something simple for now and that will not blow away.  I have a big rock in the bottom of the watering can. It gets pretty windy here and today was not exception.  I had to take pictures with the wind blowing.



We only have one tree right now that is budding out.  It has the cutest little white flowers on it.  All the rest of our trees are still bare looking.  This tree is the first to open up and also the first to change in the Fall.  At least most of my flowers are coming back in the front yard.  It is too soon to tell in the back.  I still need to get back there and clean up the dead flowers.  Maybe I can get to it this Sunday.




Linking with
Simplify Live Love, How Sweet the Sound

16 comments :

  1. Looking good! I am so glad Spring has arrived here too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ron. We are going to have some cooler weather starting tomorrow but of course it will be warm again by the weekend. Have a great day!

      Delete
  2. So pretty. Love all the pretty flowers. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great but too bad that I'm sure those finches will think your beautiful front door decor would make a lovely home again this year! Love that large lantern and how you have arranged everything. The blossoms on that tree are gorgeous - aahhh, spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lori. I don't mind the finches. I got to see the babies grow up but didn't get to see them fly away a couple of years ago. I think that something might have happened to the parents last year. They had three babies in the nest but one day I found they were all dead and no parents around.

      Delete
  4. Your porch looks great - love the bright colors of the arrangements. I too have to use a stone or two due to the wind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hate how windy it gets at our house sometimes. I can't leave any pillows out unless they are attached to the furniture. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

      Delete
  5. Looks beautiful Jody! Spring is slowly getting here too. Really looking forward to weather getting nice again. You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeanette. We keep getting little bits of winter here in the middle of the week. Tomorrow it will be colder with rain instead of the snow that we had last week.

      Delete
  6. Belíssimo! Assim como a decoração de Páscoa! Adoro pássaros.
    Abraços.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sooo pretty, Jody! Beautiful display of Spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maria Elena. Have a great rest of your week!

      Delete
  8. Good Morning from Ohio! Your porch is so lovely! The arrangement on your door is gorgeous! I'm your newest Google Plus follower! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome aboard! Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!

      Delete