Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Springtime in Tuscany

I love my dining room mural.  It makes me feel like I am Tuscany sitting on the terrace having a glass of wine and enjoying the cool breeze.  Now if I only had that view to look at in my own backyard. (sigh)   I thought that I would remove the bunnies in here and go back to my colorful rooster.  He goes so well with the mural.




Now I just need to put away the Easter on the buffet and get it redecorated.  Of course that will have to wait until the weekend.

When we took our dogs for a walk this morning I saw this in my neighbors trash.



I just can stand to see perfectly good items go to the landfill.  I am all about recycling.  I only throw out what cannot be recycled or donated.  I didn't see anything wrong with this except that it has a few nicks on the side.  I am going to take it off the stake, remove the greenery and repaint it.  I think it will look nice hanging on the door or even inside a wreath.  Look at me already thinking about Christmas.

Linking with
Savvy Southern Style, Beyond the Picket Fence, DIY by Design, The DIY Dreamer, The Style Sisters, The Bajan Texan, The Happy Housie, A Delightsome Life, Have a Daily Cup of Mrs Olson, Common Ground, From My Front Porch To Yours, Posed Perfection, Ivy and Elephants, All Things With Purpose, Katherines Corner, Embracing Change, Anderson & Grant, Rooted In Thyme, Imparting Grace, Between Naps on the Porch, The Charm of Home, French Country Cottage, Shabby Art Boutique, I'm Not a Trophy Wife, Nancherrow, My Romantic Home, Life With Lorelai, Serenity Now, The Shabby Nest, DIY Vintage Chic, Just Us Four, Craftberry Bush, Scrapality, Pieced Pastimes, 3 Little Greenwoods, Pink When, Life on Lakeshore Drive, Thoughts From Alice, Tabler Party of Two, DIY Show Off, Finding Silver Pennies, I Should be Mopping the Floor,   Dwellings The Heart of Your Home, Huckleberry Love, Karen's Up on the Hill, Coastal Charm, My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia, Cozy Little House, Our Home Away From Home, A Stroll Thru Life, StoneGable
Elizabeth and Co , Home Remedies

24 comments :

  1. And doesn't Mr. Rooster look like that's right he belongs?
    Great find on the candy cane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your mural! What a fun place to dine. Thinking about painting one to go with our theme. Poor candy cane, happy to see you saved it! Lisa@ Sweet Tea N' Salty Air

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Mine is wallpaper. I could have painted it but it would probably take me years as I work 6 days a week. We have lived in our house for 3 years now and we are still fixing it up. Thanks for stopping by,

      Delete
  3. What a lovely setting, Jody! Your rooster looks right at home! And what a great find on your walk...you can do so many things with that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is amazing what treasures you find in others trash.

      Delete
  4. I adore your Tuscan Mural Jody. What a sight to behold each night! Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I love all the colors in it. It works great for most seasons except Christmas.

      Delete
  5. You have such a pretty and dramatic mural to work with Jody! I love your Spring plates and your rooster looks very happy to be the center of attention on the table! I don't blame you I would have gotten the candy cane too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I have had this rooster for about 10 years now and I think this room is his permanent home. My husband wasn't all that happy about the candy cane but I just couldn't pass it up.

      Delete
  6. A great find...
    Always nice to visit you;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The rooster is perfect with you mural! I would never throw something like that away. If I was tired of it I would at least donate it to a thrift shop. I know you will make it look darling! Will be anxious to see it come Christmas. lol! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jann. I am always pointing out to my husband how much good stuff people in our neighborhood are throwing away. I always say they can donate it instead of tossing it out. All thrift stores will come and pickup any items for free. I just hope that I will have time to work on it. I seem to forget about things until the last minute. I have so many projects I need to do and not enough time.

      Delete
  8. Lovely...love those vases, they are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. They are actually candle holders. Have a great day!

      Delete
  9. This is beautiful and I can only imagine how relaxing it would be to dine in this room.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your dining room is so gorgeous! It always looks so beautiful. I wish you could come to my house and move things around with me Jody!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the Tuscan look. Why would someone throw that away? It could be used next year sheesh. I don't like to waste a lot either. Thanks for linking up at #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really didn't see anything wrong with it except it has a few small nicks in it. I am going to take it off the stake and repaint it. I will either use it on the front door or put inside a wreath.

      Delete
  12. I love your Tuscan fruit and floral centerpiece with your gorgeous rooster. I would love to find a rooster figure that size. Can I ask where you might have purchased it? It goes so well with your beautiful dining room. I can't wait to see what you do with the Christmas candy cane. I am sure someone as creative as you will make it into something stunningly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I got the rooster at Hobby Lobby many years ago. They have a great selection of all sizes.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Jody. I will check our local Hobby Lobby. Gosh, I could sit and gaze at your mural for hours. It is so unique. My sister has a Tuscan themed kitchen, but not anywhere near your beautiful dining room. Yes, with a glass of wine, I could easily imagine myself in Italy. You do such an wonderful job making your tablescapes look elegant and classic.

      Delete